Phone: (901) 527-6736
FREE Program Rescues Over 350,000 Children Trapped In Automobiles
Pop-A-Lock™, America’s largest security company, today announced its PALSavesKids™ program has rescued over 350,000 children locked in their caregivers’ automobile for FREE. The public service program reminds busy caregivers to be hyper-vigilant of their children’s presence during the hot summer months through a new call-to-action: PALSaves1-Stop, 2-Look, 3-Lock.
“Our organization receives calls virtually every day about a child who has been mistakenly locked in the family car,” said Don Marks, CEO of Pop-A-Lock. “In fact, more children die of heat stroke from being locked in a car, than are killed by forward-moving accidents which is a senseless tragedy.” He added, “Please follow our PALSavesKids prompt and stop and look before you lock your vehicle, but if you forget, call Pop-A-Lock immediately, along with emergency services, and we’ll come to open your car for free.”
Here are some tips to help prevent children from being locked in a vehicle.
- Keep your child’s favorite toy, blanket, or diaper bag in the front seat.
- Place your purse or briefcase in the backseat causing you to go to the back to retrieve them.
- Stay off the phone! Keep your focus on driving to the caregiver.
- If you don’t arrive at the caregiver by a certain time, have them call you to find out where you are.
- If someone other than yourself is bringing the child to your caregiver, call them at a designated time to ensure delivery.
- If you see a child locked in a vehicle unattended, get involved. Call 9-1-1 immediately!
We can all work together to share this valuable information. For more details on how to keep your little ones safe, go to kidsandcars.org.
Get a Quote, Contact Us or Learn More about our Locksmith Services